Apple cider vinegar for weight loss?
Apple cider vinegar for weight loss – Have you been wondering how to get rid of that weight that has deprived you of many great privileges? Maybe you are the type that the extra fat in your body has denied you your dream of becoming a model.
I have good news for you: The perfect weight loss experience without so much hard work or the waste of money. This article outlines how to lose weight with apple cider vinegar in a short period of time and some of its many benefits.
You’ve probably heard the claims, but even if you are aware of all that apple cider vinegar has to offer, you might find it hard to believe that just one food can offer so many benefits.
Surprisingly (or maybe not) it’s true! Drinking apple cider vinegar daily is a sure fire way to improve every aspect of your health and your life.
Apple cider vinegar is a perfect solution for your weight problem. It’s not necessarily a new diet trend, but it’s still continuing to grow in popularity. It’s great for your digestive system, working as a natural detoxifier and appetite suppressant.
It can also be a powerful weight loss tool when used correctly and taken at the right times.
Scientific studies and practical experiences have shown repeatedly that Apple cider vinegar (ACV) can help you lose weight.
Several people have tried several means to lose weight including fad diets, weight loss pills, and even commercial treatments. These procedures help to reduce weight very quickly and temporarily but after some time, your body gains the weight back.
This is because the body’s metabolism makes adjustments that will restore it to the normal state. But this method helps your body to adjust as it reduces weight such that the fat cells get used to it.
What Is Apple Cider Vinegar?
You may be wondering what this drink is and maybe a little scared to try it out? Let me assure you that it is a much-cherished natural remedy used by many as a preventive and curative measure.
As stated earlier it has been proven scientifically and many users have shared their experiences. It is recommended by doctors and healthcare professionals.
Apple Cider Vinegar contains a wealth of raw enzymes and beneficial bacteria which are responsible for the majority of its health benefits.
Apple cider vinegar is made from apples that have been crushed then distilled and fermented. This process takes 3-4 weeks to finish before apple cider vinegar is ready to drink.
The resultant result is a liquid that is high in acetic acid, (Rich in ash, which gives ACV its alkaline property and rich in malic acid, which gives ACV its antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties.
ACV has the ability to use some physiological mechanisms that support a healthy weight loss. This article details Apple cider vinegar for weight loss
The Many Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has other amazing health benefits as well! It’s been known to help with…
• Hair Loss
• Skin Care – can help clear conditions and blemishes
• Healthy Cooking
• Pet Care
• Household Cleaning
• May help improve bowel irregularity and helps to remove toxins from the body at a faster rate.
• Helps with weight loss by breaking down fats so that your body can use them rather than store them.
• Studies have found that ACV may even be able to kill cancer cells or slow their growth.
How Apple Cider Vinegar (Acv) Helps You To Reduce Weight
1. Acts As Appetite Suppressor
Apple cider vinegar makes you eat a lot lesser by providing a feeling of satiety much sooner. That way, you get to eat less and yet feel satisfied.
A study that was conducted in 2005 and published in the European journal of clinical nutrition showed this to be true
Some of the subjects of the research were made to eat bread with vinegar and they felt much fuller than their other counterparts who were not made to do so.
The more the acetic acid (which is the primary component of vinegar) they took, the fuller they felt.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar Helps To Control Blood Sugar Level
There is also scientific evidence that ACV may help lower blood pressure, which in turn, lessens the risk of heart disease. ACV contains potassium, which is known to help balance the body’s sodium levels and maintain optimal blood pressure.
It also contains magnesium, which helps to relax blood vessels walls, and ultimately lower blood pressure.
3. Reduces Fat Accumulation
Research has shown that when ACV is added to our diet, fat accumulation and storage is significantly reduced. This is the same for both animal and human studies.
A study published in Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry showed that participants who consumed ACV for 12 weeks managed to achieve significant declines in body weight as well as abdominal fat, waist circumference and triglycerides
Obese individuals, in the study, were given daily doses of vinegar over a 12-week period and they lost belly fat, waist circumference, lower blood triglycerides, and weight.
4. Improves Insulin Sensitivity
Studies have also shown that those who ingest ACV, experienced improved insulin sensitivity- even when eating meals guaranteed to increase blood sugar levels.
While it increases insulin sensitivity, it also reduces blood sugar responses during meals. That is, it reduces the effects of carb-rich meals and post-meal cravings and hunger.
5. Detoxifies The Body
ACV contains fiber that helps to absorb toxins and improve bowel movement. ACV helps to detox the body is by breaking up mucus and cleansing the lymph nodes, which allows for better lymph circulation.
When your lymphatic system is healthy, it can remove toxins from cells and improve the immune system response, balancing the pH levels and stimulating the cardiovascular stimulation, and lymphatic drainage.
Thus, your body gets detoxified.
6. Enhances Metabolism
Decreased metabolism can often lead to fat accumulation and weight gain. The main reason for a quick weight gain in some persons is that many fad diets and commercial pills can often decrease your metabolism once you stop them which is the main reason for quick weight gain.
Using Apple cider vinegar for weight loss can help. The acid present in ACV increases metabolism thereby aiding weight loss.
7. Improves Better Sleep
Apple cider vinegar, when combined with honey becomes an efficient remedy for insomnia. The Body releases a hormone responsible for stimulating hunger pangs when one does not get a good sleep.
ACV is able to trick the brain for better sleep, thus regulating the stress and hunger hormones.
People with stress and poor sleep are less likely to achieve their weight loss goals. Cal Orey, author of ‘The Healing Powers of Vinegar’(13), recommends mixing two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with honey and warm water and drinking before bedtime to enjoy a restful sleep.
8. Contains Beneficial Probiotics
A healthy gut is essential for a sound immune system. Obesity can be prevented by a healthy gut. The gut contains both good and bad bacteria when the balance is disturbed, it can affect the immune system. ACV contains good bacteria strains.
A study published in the journal of clinical investigation shows that probiotic bacteria can be helpful in weight loss. Apple cider vinegar is a probiotic food as well.
9. Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar Slows the Aging Process
Other than the wisdom and experience gained by becoming older, few people look forward to the physical signs of aging, like wrinkles and sagging skin. The antioxidant properties in vinegar can help prevent premature aging and even aid in slowing down the aging process.
ACV’s ability to maintain the stability of the acid/alkaline balance in the body also plays a key role.
10. Encourages Other Healthy Habits.
The first step to achieving your goal can be the hardest one. As you take the first steps, every other step becomes easier and easier.
Taking apple cider vinegar for fast weight loss may be your first step but as you proceed, other habits like exercising and dieting become less difficult.
What Type Of Apple Cider Vinegar Should I Use For Fast Weight Loss?
The most effective apple cider vinegar should be the raw unprocessed one that still contains what is known as “the Mother” – a combination of enzymes, proteins and probiotic bacteria.
Bragg’s Organic Raw – Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar is without a doubt, the best brand on the market.
Why? It has all of the ideal characteristics (organic, raw, unfiltered, unpasteurized, has 5% of acidity and includes the “mother”) that apple cider vinegar must have in order to deliver all of the benefits explained above.
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Weight Loss?
Want to try apple cider vinegar to help shift that stubborn flab? Here’s how:
- Choose the right vinegar – always look for an organic, raw and unfiltered vinegar which is cloudy, and has a sediment in the bottom known as ‘The Mother’. This contains all the probiotic bacteria and enzymes that make this product so powerful.
Further Reading: How To Lose Lower Belly Fat: 15-Minutes Lower Belly Pooch Workouts
- Start slow – while a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar mixed with 8oz of water before a meal is a healthy dose, some people find they need to work up to this level. Start with a teaspoon and gradually increase the amount.
- If you prefer, you can also drizzle the vinegar over a salad – another sure-fire way to get on track with your goal weight. Alternatively, try one of these two tasty ways to get your daily dose of ACV.
Lemon Water & Apple Cider Vinegar
Lemon water has plenty of health benefits, including immune system support, weight management, and its high content of vitamin C. Plus, there’s a little cinnamon for added digestive support!
1 glass of warm water
1 tbsp quality ACV
1/2 Tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp lemon juice
Honey to taste
Go get a bottle for yourself, and enjoy all the health benefits that come with it!
Apple Cider Vinegar For Detox & Weight Loss
ACV is delicious as a tea
- 1 glass of warm water
- 4 tablespoon Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon power cinnamon – good antioxidants
- 4 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice or one lemon – pH regulator
- 3 tablespoon organic honey (raw honey if possible)
- 1 or 2 slices of fresh apple (optional)
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper (boosts your metabolism) – optional
- Combine a cup of water, dash of cinnamon, a teaspoon raw honey and two teaspoons apple cider vinegar in a pot on the stove. Bring the mixture to a boil, allow it to cool enough so that it’s drinkable, and enjoy. Allow it to cool enough so that it’s drinkable, and enjoy.
Be patient – apple cider vinegar favors the ‘slow and steady’ method of weight loss. As demonstrated by some of the studies, it promotes modest weight loss over a period of months.
If you want to reach your dream weight faster, couple your new ACV regimen with regular exercise and a healthy diet.
How to Make ACV Taste Better
While ACV has so many uses, many people don’t care for the taste. If you’re one of them, don’t discount it all together as you can make it taste better.
Add raw honey. The combination of ACV, raw honey and a splash of water is an easy way to make swallowing the bitterness a lot more tolerable. Just combine two cups of water with two to three teaspoons of ACV and one tablespoon of raw honey.
- Lemon: The pectin fibers present in lemon prevent hunger pangs. It helps in flushing out the toxins and enhances the functioning of vital organs. You can add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to acv drink.
- Cinnamon: It cleanses the fat accumulated in the colon and digestive system. It lowers the bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol levels. It regulates blood sugar levels. You can add a pinch to 1/2 teaspoon to the apple cider vinegar drink.
- Garlic: It stimulates the satiated hormone which makes you feel full for a longer period of time. It prevents binge eating and sugar cravings. It stimulates the process of burning stored fats. You can add 1 teaspoon of garlic juice or a pinch of garlic powder to the acv drink.
- Cayenne Pepper: Cayenne pepper improves digestion, curbs the appetite, boosts metabolism and helps in burning fats. You can add a pinch to 1 teaspoon of to acv drink.
- Ginger: Ginger is a natural appetite suppressant which makes you feel full a long period of time. It improves digestion and gastrointestinal motility. You can add 1 teaspoon of garlic juice or a pinch of ginger powder to the acv drink.
Note: The acidic nature of acv can damage tooth enamel. So, it is better to drink it using a straw.
Combine it with juice for a tasty tonic.
You can also mix a couple of teaspoons of ACV with apple or grape juice – it’s not only bearable, but you’ll also actually enjoy drinking it. maple syrup can be the best alternative. It improves digestion and provides vitamins and minerals to the body. It acts as an antioxidant. You can add 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon to the acv drink
How to Speed Up ACV Weight Loss Regimen?
Here are few general tips and precautions you have to consider while following weight loss regimen for positive results. These tips help to lose weight healthily without any side effects.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and flush out toxins.
- Exercise regularly or at least 5 days a week. If you don’t have time then at least walk for 20 – 30 minutes a day.
- Eat foods rich in potassium as it reduces stress levels and blood pressure. Foods rich in potassium are banana, sweet potatoes, spinach, and avocado.
- Reduce sugar consumption. Stay away from refined sugars. It is better to use stevia or honey instead of them.
- Avoid unhealthy, processed, refined, deep-fried, fatty and junk foods.
- Consume nutritious diet rich in vitamins and minerals.
N.B. You should see your doctor if you are currently taking any medication before you use apple cider vinegar drink for weight loss.
As we all know too much of everything is bad, so be warned! Do not take concentrated or too much of ACV, because taking too much of it is not recommended!
What are you waiting for? Go try out the apple cider vinegar for fast weight loss right away!