Armpit Fat Exercises – Your underarm or armpit is no different to any other part of your body and it can develop fat before you’re even aware of it. Underarm fat is probably one of the most unwanted types of fat in the body. This is because it makes the arms lack the beauty it deserves.
It is also referred to as ‘bat wings’ or ‘saggy arms. Fat accumulation in the area (which is usually the cause) makes us want to hide the problem by wearing clothing items that have sleeves long enough to keep them away from the eyes of the people around us.
It’s true: there’s no way to spot-reduce fat, but in addition to consistent fat-burning cardio, adding the following exercises to your workout routine with a healthy diet and you’re guaranteed to lose that underarm fat bra.
Each works to tighten up the muscle groups around your armpit to help diminish the appearance of underarm fat.
Therefore, this article on how to get rid of armpit fat will discuss the best exercises you can do to burn arm fat fast.
However, you should be aware that getting rid of armpit fat is virtually impossible if you don’t reduce your overall body fat. You must make a decision to reduce your overall body weight if you really want to reduce your underarm fat.
Full body workouts are the way to go on how to get rid of armpit fat. Spending just 5 minutes daily doing the right kinds of exercises will make a big difference. You will also notice a significant reduction in your back fat as well.
Armpit Fat is a common problem even if you’re not overweight. You can get rid of it fast with these easy exercises and tips.
What You’ll Need:
There are only 3 basic pieces of equipment you’ll need for this workout. And the great thing is, they’re all relatively cheap to buy on Amazon and they’re multi-purpose, meaning you can use them for a variety of different workouts and exercise routines beyond this one.
A light workout gear; I get all of my Women’s Workout & Training Pants from Amazon for less than half the price (the quality, price, and prints are awesome) A gym timer (free apps are available for download), Dumbells and A floor mat to lay on the floor.
10 Best Exercises To Get Rid Of Armpit Fat That Works
Now, it’s time to discuss the best exercises that can help to get rid of armpit fat. These exercises are effective armpit fat removal and will help on how to lose flabby arms.
1. Dumbbell Shrugs
- Hold a dumbbell in both hands, extend your arms at your sides and face your palms to your body.
- Raise your shoulders up as high as you can imagine bringing your shoulders as close as you can up to your ears.
- Pause one second and slowly lower your shoulder down to the starting point.
- Do this move 8 to 12 times and complete three sets.
2. Reverse Namaste Exercises
- Stand up and raise your hands upwards, pointing toward the sky.
- Put your arms together and instead of bringing those in front of you, in regular Namaste exercise,
- Take them to your back, performing an upside-down Namaste, stretching your arms in the back as much as you can.
- Repeat the exercise a few times.
3. Compass Jumping Jacks
Another short burst of cardio, this variation on a jumping jack will get your heart rate up and isolate the shoulder area. If you want to increase the difficulty, wear 1-2-pound wrist weights.
- Stand with feet together, arms in front of your face, closed fists, tops of your hands facing forward, forearms together and elbows pointed toward the ground.
- Jump feet out, and instead of swinging arms up to meet above your head like a traditional jumping jack,
- Punch arms out in front of you, rotating your arms as you punch so that you end with the palm-side of your hands facing out.
- Jump back to starting position, rotating arms and fists again so that palms are facing each other and fists are touching.
4. One-Arm Dumbbell Row
- Start by kneeling on the side of a bench and placing your knee and hand of the supporting arm on the bench and
- Then position the opposite foot on the floor.
- Grab a dumbbell from the floor opposite of the side supporting the body and pull the dumbbell up slowly to your chest, feeling a stretch in your back until it almost makes contact with your chest.
- Hold this position for a count, then return slowly back to the starting position.
- Repeat 15 times.
5. Straight Triceps Kickbacks
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, arms relaxed at your sides and holding a 2-5-pound weight- dumbbells in each hand.
- Weights should be held far enough away so that they don’t hit your thighs. If they do, narrow your stance.
- Bend forward at the hips, keeping a completely straight spine, until you are about halfway to 90 degrees.
- Then you extend both arms as far back behind you as you can, with arms straight and elbows locked.
- Hold for a beat, then return arms to the base position.
- Repeat this movement for one minute.
6. Hammer Grip Row
When you lie on a bench, you’d be able to get the best angle to actually engage you back muscles while doing this exercise.
- Lay flat down on your stomach on a bench, arms straight out down towards the floor, knees bent, feet flat on the ground.
- Hold 8-10-pound weights in your hands.
- Perform a row by pulling the weights up to your ribs, forearms remaining perpendicular to the ground,
- Squeezing your shoulder blades as hard as you can and actively opening the chest at the top of the movement.
- Return to the starting position.
7. Pull Down Band
- Sit on a chair or stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Hold tightly the Pull down the band with your hands over your head keeping your elbows slightly bent.
- Your right-hand remains in the same position (anchor hand) while you lower your left hand to your side at 45 degrees.
- Pull your left hand down until it reaches chest height. Hold, and then return to the starting position.
- Repeat 12 times change sides.
8. Inverted Row
- Start off by taking a barbell and placing it on a rack at about waist level.
- Position yourself underneath the bar, holding it with a shoulder width grip and
- Keeping your body extended straight out with your heels touching the floor.
- Flex up with your elbows, pulling your chest towards the bar until you feel a stretch in your middle to lower back.
- Hold this position for a count then return back to the starting position.
9. Incline Chest Fly/Press
- Lie back on a bench at an incline, with feet flat on the ground.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand (5-7 pounds each) and place arms straight out in front of you,
- Elbows locked and hands in a hammer grip position (palms facing each other).
- Slowly open arms out to your sides, keeping them straight, palms facing up.
- Extend until you feel a gentle stretch across the chest, shoulders, and
- Biceps with your arms in a perpendicular position to your body. This is the fly.
- Pull arms back up to starting position.
Bring arms back down to the sides of the body, but this time bend at the elbows to create a 90-degree angle.
Then press the arms back up to start position, squeezing the weights together as if you’re crushing something between them. This is the press.
10. Swiss ball chest press
This exercise strengthens your shoulders, triceps and chest muscles. In this exercise, the Swiss ball complicates the task by increasing the range of motion. But if you don’t have the ball at home, you can perform this exercise on the floor.
- Lie the middle of your upper back on a stability ball or a bench with dumbbells in your hands and your palms facing each other.
- Lower your arms out to the sides and keep your elbows slightly bent.
- Keep doing the exercise for 60 seconds.
- Repeat 3 times with 20-30 second breaks.
There are nine exercises to lose armpit fat that has caused you some embarrassment. Make sure you start practicing them and in a few weeks, you’d see an amazing result.
There are definitely more exercises that can help to get rid of armpit fat. However, the 10 listed above are guaranteed ways to help you reduce underarm fat.
You should be aware that how to get rid of armpit fat is not only restricted to exercises. It’s also essential to review your eating habits, particularly your intake of saturated fats and sugar.
Try to keep fast foods and processed foods to a minimum and take healthy diets. Do you know more effective chest and back exercises? Feel free to share them with us in the comments!