In the battle to lose arm and back fat, most women like myself struggle with the annoying back fat or under the arm flab. It often seem like there are plenty of exercises for stubborn belly fat, or even for slimming your thighs and toning your buttocks. But what about exercises to lose arm and back fat?
The back is one of the most ignored and difficult trouble spots where the fat can get deposited. That fat deposit causes the formation of a flabby layer over the muscles resulting in bra bulge and muffin tops.
This article outlines 7 Best Exercises To Lose Arm And Back Fat that is very simple, yet effective.
Most gym sessions are spent tightening and toning the areas we consider the most noticeable—butt, stomach, legs. But here’s a secret all top trainers know:
Strong back muscles are not the only key for an overall defined look, but they’re your best defense against pain, injury, and poor posture for years to come.
Although you cannot target a specific area of the body in order to lose weight, a variety of weighted toning exercises can help you improve your muscle mass. Also, a well-planned full-body training for burning the fat will help.
If you do these exercises every other day (for about 15 minutes), it won’t be long before you lose arm and back fat. You get to see your once flabby arms become trim and toned.
What Causes Arm and Back Fat?
Back fats are common fats accumulated on the back which can increase your shirt size, bra size, etc. It’s also an indication of being overweight.
The appearance commonly results from the combination of several things including atrophy of the muscles of the back and excess body fat.
Atrophy of the body back basically means they have lost their strength and muscle tone. The main causes of muscle atrophy include poor nutrition and a lack of targeted exercise.
So, what are the lifestyle complications that cause arm and back fat accumulation?
- A diet that is high in fat, sugar, and calories can lead to excessive weight and back fat.
- Excessive Alcohol consumption may cause back fat. Excess calories from the alcohol are partly stored as back fat.
- Hormonal instabilities from insulin, cortisol, estrogen, testosterone, Leptin, HGH(Human Growth Hormone) et al
- Genetics: The tendency to store fats may also be caused by genetics. This includes the gene for the receptor that regulates cortisol and leptin.
- Poor Sleeping Pattern: Not sleeping enough can cause weight gain weight. Getting enough sleep is very crucial for your health. Sleep disorders can lead to weight gain.
- Low Fiber Diet: Fiber helps regulate the body’s use of sugar, helping to keep hunger and blood sugar in check. Diets high in carbohydrate and low in fiber causes you to add weight and increases your back fat.
- Aging: As we get older, our skin becomes less firm and tends to become saggy
- Stress: Some people aren’t aware that stress can make them gain weight. The hormone called cortisol helps your body to mount a stress response. When produced in excess can lead to overeating. Cortisol hormone also promotes fat storage in the body
- UnHealthy Colon/Gut: When your colons and gut are not healthy and clean, it reduces the metabolism rate. Much of the waste is being re-absorbed back into the body causing weight gain and back fat
- In Active Lifestyle: Over the years, people have become less active. If you sit down at one place for a long time, your body can suffer from decreased metabolism caused by the thyroid hormones which may gradually accumulate arm and back fat.
- Menopause: When a woman’s menstrual period ceases, estrogen levels drop causing the fat to be absorbed by the body.
Can Running Get Rid Of Back Fat?
Running is such an exercise that will give you back-slimming results. It is a fat-shedding, cardiovascular exercise that you can do daily. The American Council on Exercise warns that starters shouldn’t over-do the activity. It is much better if you gradually increase the time and intensity.
Simply work at your own level keeping the goal in mind. This way, you can achieve a reduction in lower back fat and a reduction in fat from all over your body.
7 Exercises To Lose Arm And Back Fat
These seven classic strength moves for how to lose arm and back fat that targets all of the muscles in your upper body to help you banish bra bulge and sculpt a strong, sexy back, and shoulders.
What You’ll Need:
There are only 3 basic pieces of equipment you’ll need for this workout. And the great thing is, they’re all relatively cheap to buy on Amazon and they’re multi-purpose, meaning you can use them for a variety of different workouts and exercise routines beyond this one.
A light workout gear; I get all of my Women’s Workout & Training Pants from Amazon for less than half the price (the quality, price, and prints are awesome) A gym timer (free apps are available for download), and A floor mat to lay on the floor.
1. DIY Exercise To Lose Arm And Back Fat
This is easy lower back fat workout that can be done by almost anyone and anywhere. It helps to tone all the back muscles at a time – both lower and upper back.
- lie down on your stomach holding 3-pounds dumbbells in each hand.
- Engaging your back, lift your chest from the floor and
- then move your arms up and out to form a T position, next move into a ‘Y’ position and then the I position with arms.
2. Triceps DIP To Reverse Plank
This exercise is not only perfect for your triceps, but it will also help tone your upper back. It is a basic body-weight exercise that does not require much equipment. For this exercise, you will need your bench.
- Start by placing your palms on the edge of the bench, making sure your arms are straight down from your shoulders.
- Place your legs straight out in front of you with your heels resting on the floor. Then,
- Slowly lower your body into a dip, bending your elbows while you allow your back to gently glide down the front of the bench.
- Once you have lowered yourself,
- Begin to raise yourself back up to the starting position.
- Pause for a moment and then lift your hips as high as you can toward the ceiling so you are in an inverted plank position.
- Once you return to starting position, you have completed one repetition.
3. Renegade Rows
This is a strength training move that helps to tone the shoulders, biceps, triceps, and abs, however, it is equally effective for working and toning the back muscles as well as to lose arm and back fat.
- plank position with arms straight below the shoulders, holding a 3 to 5-pound dumbbell in each hand.
- Squeezing the butt, pull your abs in towards your spine and raise one arm at a time by pulling the dumbbell back towards the shoulder.
- Return to the starting position on the floor and repeat the same with another hand.
That completes 1 repetition. Perform 10 to 15 repetitions.
4. Push Planks
This exercise also uses your bench or floor mat. It is great for your shoulders and your core body.
- Start by placing your hands under your shoulders, placing your feet straight out behind you.
- Raise your body so it forms a straight line at about a 45-degree angle to the floor.
- Now, bend your right elbow as you slowly lower your forearm until it touches the bench, then
- Repeat with your left arm so you are resting on your forearms in a low plank position.
- Once stable, extend your right arm, then your left arm and then return to the high plank position. This will complete one rep.
Continue doing this for 16 reps but alternate—start with your left arm first, then next time start again with your right arm etc. If this is too hard on your wrists at first, you can simply hold a low plank for as long as you feel comfortable.
5. Deltoid Raise
The deltoids comprise one of the most important muscles of the back. It includes high-intensity movements focused on the two shoulder joints, which makes it one of the fictional back sculpting exercises.
- Stand with your feet placed hip-width apart, holding a pair of 5 to 10-pound dumbbells and knees slightly bent.
- Pushing the hips back,
- Lower your torso while parallel with the floor.
- Bending the elbows, lift the weights up to the shoulder height and then gently lower them back down. Perform 10 to 15 repetitions.
6. “V”-Shoulder Raise To Chest Press
This exercise requires your exercise band.
- Grabbing an end of your band in each hand.
- Step backward with your left foot and place it on top of the band.
- As you hold this “split stance,” lift your arms out to your sides to shoulder height (the band should form a “V”).
- Next, keep your arms at the same height as you bring your hands in front of you until they touch together.
- Move them back out to return to the V position and then lower your arms back to your sides to the starting position. This will complete one rep.
Do 16 reps. If you find out this is hard at first, you can always just start by lifting your arms until the band forms a V and then lower them back down.
As you get better at the exercise you can start bringing your arms in front of you.
It tones your lower back muscles along with the glutes, shoulders, abs, hamstrings, and arms helping you lose arm and back fat.
- lie down on your stomach with your arms extended overhead and palms facing down.
- Raise your arms, head, and legs off the ground at the same time as you were flying.
- Stay in this posture for 3 to 5 seconds while breathing normally and feeling the burn in your back muscles.
Perform 10 to 15 repetitions.
You can be sure that after going through these exercises, you will speedily and easily lose arm and back fat without much stress.
Do something to kick it up.
You will see results after the first pounds drops.
Now we’ve shown you the top tips and exercises to lose arm and back fat at home in a few weeks. Hope that you can make use of all these tips and instructions to lose back fat naturally.
Please feel free to share with us your experiences as well!