These arm exercises won’t help you melt the fat off your arms. Instead, they will help you burn fat overall, and tone the arm muscles to make them look slimmer.
There are a lot of tone-arm exercises that are easy to do at home. Most shoulder exercises do not require any equipment but some require you to use weights.
If you seriously want to lose arm fat, then you should try incorporating some of the following shoulder exercises for arm fat into your daily exercise routine.
You can pack these powerful arm exercises with a half an hour of running (or jogging, swimming, or any cardio workout), and a healthy diet, then you’ll meet all the scientific requirements to reduce body fat
Without further ado, here are ten shoulder exercises to lose arm fat and tone your arms that you can start doing immediately.
1. Triceps Dips
The triceps is the muscle that you use when you pull, push, bend or straighten your arms.
It is located at the back of your upper arms starting from your shoulder and ending at your elbow.
Triceps dips are one of the most simple and effective shoulder exercises that target this important muscle.
It is one of the many tried and true shoulder exercises for women and men to lose arm fat and also tone arms and back muscles.
How to do tricep dips shoulder exercise without weight
- To do this exercise at home, you need a sturdy well-secured chair or bench.
- Place your hands behind you on the edge of the chair or bench directly under your shoulders with your fingers facing your hips and your legs extended straight in front of you.
- It should look like you were about to slide off the chair but caught yourself.
- Now lift your butt upwards away from the bench or chair until your arms are straight.
- This is the starting position.
- Lower your butt toward the floor by bending your elbows going as low as you can
This completes one rep of the shoulder exercise. Push your body back up until your arms are straight again and repeat the process.
You can make this easier by bending your knees with your feet placed flat on the floor. Complete 3 sets of 20 reps.
Push-ups are exercises that primarily target and build your core strength.
But they are also very popular tone arm exercise that is efficient in building upper arm strength which in turn will help you to lose arm fat and tone your arms.
How to do push-ups shoulder exercise
- Start by lying flat on your stomach on the floor.
- Adjust your position so that your hands are on the floor with your palms facing down and spaced shoulder-width apart with your feet placed together and your toes pointed downwards.
- Keeping your elbows tucked to your side, bend your elbows to raise your body slightly off the floor.
- Support your weight on your hands and toes keeping your head down so your body is in a straight flat line.
- This is your starting position.
- Slowly push yourself upwards while maintaining form until your elbows lock.
- This completes one rep. Start to lower yourself until you get back to the starting position.
- Complete 10 – 15 reps for 3 sets
3. Wall Push-Ups
Wall push-ups are a variation of the push-up exercise.
It is an amazing shoulder exercise that can be used to tone arms and can also be used as a physical therapy shoulder exercise to help safely build strength and shoulder stability.
Wall pushup exercise target your biceps, triceps, wrists, and hands.
How to do wall push-ups
- Stand upright and face a wall keeping a distance a little more than arm’s length between you and the wall.
- Lean forward and place your palms flat on the wall shoulder-width apart and at shoulder height.
- Inhale as you bend your elbows and lean your body towards the wall like you would when doing a push-up.
- Exhale and push back up and away from the wall.
- This completes one rep. Complete 3 sets of 15 – 20 reps.
4. Arm Circles
Arm circles are very easy to shoulder exercises that target the triceps, biceps, and shoulders.
They can be done anywhere. You can also do arm circles when you are seated at your desk in the office or on the couch watching TV at home.
How to do arm circles shoulder exercise at home
- Stand straight and keep your feet flat on the ground.
- Raise and stretch your hands to the sides keeping them straight.
- Move your arms forward in small, fast circles.
- Complete set of 15 – 20 rotations.
- Reverse the direction of the circles and complete another set of 15 – 20 rotations.
NB – If you are sitting while doing this shoulder exercise, make sure that your feet are placed flat on the ground and your back is straight.
This is a bodyweight exercise that targets the core muscles and also the muscles in the shoulders and arms.
Planks are one of the many shoulder exercises for women and men that can help to tone the arms.
How to do planks shoulder exercise for mass
- Similar to the starting pose of the push-up, place your forearms on the floor underneath your shoulders keeping them shoulder-width apart.
- Try to keep your elbows at a 90-degree angle.
- Straighten your feet and tuck your toes under you.
- Keep your head down so your body remains in straight.
- Tighten your core or belly muscles and maintain this position for 30 seconds or more.
6. Single Arm Lateral Raise
The single arm lateral raise is a shoulder exercise that is a very powerful arm toning, fat burning exercise.
This exercise is also effective when it comes to strengthening your core muscles.
When you perform this exercise, it targets mainly your shoulder muscles.
How to do the single arm lateral raise
- Hold a dumbbell in each of your hands.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and with your arms at your sides with palms facing downward.
- This is your starting position
- Keeping your body steady and straight, slowly lift one arm with the dumbbell to about shoulder level.
- Your arm should be slightly bent at the elbow with your hand tilting forward as if you are pouring water from a bottle.
- Hold that position for a few seconds and then return your hand to the starting position.
- This completes one rep.
- Alternate your arms do 8 to 10 reps for each arm.
7. Straight Arm Pull Back
Shoulder exercises like the straight arm pull back to target and strengthen your triceps and upper back muscles.
This is one of the shoulder exercises for women in which a pair of dumbbells is used.
How to do straight arm pull back
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand and stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Bend forward with your hips and slightly bend your knees to assume a slight squat position.
- Keep your back straight with your torso parallel to the floor with your arms hanging straight down.
- This is the starting position.
- Keep both of your arms straight, raise and stretch your arms backward alongside your body until they are parallel to the floor.
- Hold the position for a few seconds and then release your arm back to the starting position.
- This completes one rep. Repeat 2 to 3 sets of 8 to 10 reps.
8. Bent Over Row
The bent over row is a shoulder exercise that targets your biceps and triceps. This helps in building shoulder and back strength and also tones the arms.
A barbell or a set of dumbbells is needed to perform the bent over row.
How to do the bent over row
- To perform the bent over row shoulder exercise, start by holding a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing downward.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Bend forward with your hips to keep your body tilted in a straight line parallel to the floor.
- This will be your starting position.
- With your elbows tucked to your side as much as possible, breathe out and pull the dumbbells towards your body.
- This completes one rep.
- Slowly return your arms to the starting position and repeat.
- Complete 2 to 3 sets of 8 to 10 reps.
9. Tricep Extension
The tricep extension is another one of the shoulder exercises that isolates and targets this very important muscle by repeatedly flexing the elbow joint.
It is one of the many tried and true shoulder exercises for women and men to lose arm fat.
To do this tone arm exercise, you will need a set of dumbbells.
If you do not have dumbbells, an object from home that has some weight to it can be used.
You can use a filled water bottle or a 2-liter bottle. You want to use something that weighs about 2 pounds.
How to do the tricep extension exercise to lose arm fat
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart or if you prefer sitting, make sure that you are sitting upright with your back straight.
- Hold one dumbbell (or weighted item) with both arms.
- Lift and extend your arms over your head until your arms are straight.
- This is the start position.
- Now bend your arms at the elbows, slowly lower the weight behind your head and toward your back as low as you can go.
- This completes one rep. Complete 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps.
10. Front to Side Lateral Raise
The front to side lateral raise is a shoulder exercise that uses light weights to strengthen your shoulders.
This exercise is very beneficial to lose arm fat and get toned arms.
How to do front to lateral raise to tone arms
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and hold dumbbells in each hand with your arms down at your sides, palms facing your body.
- This is the starting position.
- Raise the dumbbells up to your front at shoulder level with your elbows slightly bent.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells and on the next rise, lift the dumbbells to your sides at shoulder level.
- Hold the position for a few seconds then lower the dumbbells to the starting position at your sides.
- This completes one rep. Repeat this in 2 sets of 8-10 reps
These 10 shoulder exercises, when done properly and consistently, will help you lose arm fat and get the toned arms that you want.
Anyone can and will benefit from incorporating these shoulder exercises into their daily exercise routine at least three to four times a week.
As with every exercise plan, the exercises cannot work alone. You will need to watch your diet, balancing your water intake with lots of fruits and vegetables as what we eat reflects one way or another on our physical appearance.
Now make it happen, start the shoulder exercises today and lose flabby arm fat. Let us know your thought by leaving us a comment below.
Share the love!