Loose or Saggy is a result of various factors. It is a widespread problem, and many women are experiencing it everywhere. Loose skin occurs when you lose fat or after childbirth. For some saggy skin is a result of growing old or aging.
Aging is a natural phenomenon, and it is constant to life. Nature itself has provided us with essential oils to tighten skin when they sag or go loose.
Our favorite supplier of essential oils is Plant Therapy. They offer 100% pure oils, free of additives and adulterants. They offer free shipping and free returns for up to 90 days.
You can browse their extensive collection of essential oils, including all of the oils mentioned in this article, on their official website here.
For humans, loose skin is almost unavoidable. The best we can do is to is to correct the skin when this happens by making it firm up. Skin tightening is, therefore, a form of anti-aging and pore-reducing treatment.
The process of skin tightening helps us to maintain a firm, taut skin. It also helps to minimize pores which then makes the skin to look fresh and flawless. Compared to the popularly expensive and chemical-filled beauty products, there are natural and healthy means that have been used to tighten the skin over time.
This alternative is to use essential oils. Cold pressing or steam distillation are the processes for the production of essential oils. They contain high powerful plant extracts that have medicinal and healing benefits.
Best Essential Oils To Tighten Skin
1. Frankincense Oil
Frankincense oil is beneficial in reducing the appearance of saggy skins. This oil is useful for the correction of age spots and the removal of sunspots. It helps to iron out the issue of skin discoloration.
Frankincense essential oil is severely potent in that it helps to shield the skin. It protects the skin from blemishes, large pores as a result of aging and wrinkles. Frankincense oil can strengthen skin and increase its defense tool against the invasion of bacteria.
This natural oil can reduce blemishes and improve appearance with age. Studies show that it helps to reduce the appearance of scars, heal wounds and lift skin. It is useful for naturally removing surgery scars, improve healing of skin and oil dry skin.
- Add six drops of frankincense oil to any carrier oil of your choice and apply topically to the skin.
- The mixture can be used on any saggy part of the body like jowls or under eyes.
- Remember to do a patch test first to avoid allergic reactions.
2. Neroli Oil
It is one of the best essential oils to tighten skin. Neroli oil contains a natural chemical called citral that helps in the regeneration of skin cells.
t also helps to cause the growth of new tissue cells in the body while repairing old ones. This is possible because of its Citral content; which is a natural chemical that helps to renew cells.
Neroli oil decreases skin pores and increases skin elasticity, therefore making it suitable as a general anti-aging oil. It is useful for the creation of potent anti-aging masks and solutions.
This oil is naturally effective without exposing the skin to any harms caused by most chemical skin treatments. The oil is especially beneficial to people with sensitive and oily skin. It helps them to smoothen fine lines without any risk of pain.
- Rub about four drops of Neroli oil on affected parts of the body.
- Applying it at night helps the body get the most benefit from therapeutic treatments
3. Lavender Oil
Arguably the best of essential oils to tighten skin, lavender oil not only helps to heal burns, cuts, and other conditions, it also improves skin cells; hence, repairing the skin.
The average American is today at risk of diseases that can shut down the body’s immune system. If this happens, it can cause a lot of damage to the body and consequently, the skin.
Therefore, the body needs antioxidants to be able to ward off these risks.
Scientific studies prove that Lavender oil helps the body to provide the three most important antioxidants for the body. These are glutathione, catalase, and superoxide dismutase.
Because lavender oil is rich in antioxidant and antimicrobial properties, it can be of immense benefit to the skin when mixed with coconut oil or aloe vera.
- Mix lavender oil with frankincense oil or any carrier oil of your choice.
- Then, apply to body first thing after a bath in the morning or just before you go to bed.
4. Grapeseed Oil
Grapeseed oil contains regenerative components that help to increase the generation of skin cells. It includes Astringent, a potent substance that helps to increase the rate at which biological tissues shrink and draw together.
It is used medically to reduce swellings and is a significant content of cosmetic products.
Also, grapeseed oil helps to balance and maintain epithelium and nerve cells that reduce stretch marks plus tighten loose skin. The rate at which it causes tissues to shrink is the reason for an increased stimulation of blood flow.
Blood flowing carries with it nutrients that the body needs and this causes the skin to become firmer and tighter.
- Pour a few drops of grapeseed oil on your palms and rub together.
- After this, the body with the oil, concentrating on any part of the skin that needs tightening or healing.
- Apply the oil in the evening, before bed, and let it sit overnight for best results.
5. Pomegranate Oil
Pomegranate oil is a powerful, natural remedy that is employed in the treatment of skin related issues, even skin cancer. It has been trusted for centuries for its diverse healing abilities. It is favorite among many circles of healers and natural health enthusiasts.
Pomegranate juice is mostly linked to being an anti-aging compound. It gets its dark red color from its bioflavonoids content which is used in alternative medicine to treat allergies, support blood circulation and act as an antioxidant.
Its dark color is also great for protecting the skin from damage caused by the sun.
This essential oil is best for tightening skin, treating sunburns and acting as a natural sunblock or sunscreen.
- Pomegranate is applied by rubbing drops of it on the skin and massaging deeply into affected parts of the body.
- Apply the oil to clean skin and, if necessary, wash the area beforehand with a mild exfoliating scrub.
- Apply the oil in the evening, before bed, and let it sit overnight for best results.
6. Almond Oil
Last on our list of essential oils to tighten skin is Almond Oil. Almond essential oil is rich in vitamin E which has earned it its status as a great moisturizer. It is also potent in helping to get rid of the loose and saggy skin, including stretch marks.
The oil contains antioxidant properties that can repair as well as rejuvenate new skin cells.
- A little drop of almond oil is powerful enough and can repair the skin if rubbed on every day.
- You can apply almond oil to every area of the skin, including under the eyes.
- Almond oil tightens the skin and leaves it soft and agile.
There you have 6 essential oils to tighten skin. Get rid of sagging skin and wrinkles and look as fresh as a baby.
How to Tighten Up Loose Skin and Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Here are some useful essential oils for stretch marks (some of them are even safe to use while pregnant!) and post-pregnancy. They can help to tighten loose skin and fade stretch marks and wrinkles while also boosting hydration to prevent further marks from forming.
Additionally, many of these oils also restore and rejuvenate skin tissues.
This helps repair damage to cells, resulting in tightening loose skin, fading stretch marks and lightening of the skin. Plus, many of these essential oils also increase moisture in the skin, allowing for faster skin healing.
Simple stretch mark solution
- 9 drops neroli EO
- 9 drops lavender EO
- 2 oz rosehip oil
- Mix all ingredients together in a dry, dark-colored dropper bottle.
- Massage onto stretch marks at least twice a day.
Healing Serum for stretch marks
- 5 drops neroli EO
- 4 drops lavender EO
- 3 drops myrrh EO
- Add 3 drops lemon EO
- 3 teaspoons rosehip oil
- Anther 3 teaspoons jojoba oil
- Lastly, 3 teaspoons Vitamin E oil
- Mix together all essential oils in a dark colored bottle.
- In a separate bowl, mix together rosehip, jojoba, and Vitamin E oil.
- Add the second mixture into the essential oil mixture in portions, shaking after each addition.
- When all of the second mixtures has been added, shake or mix thoroughly.
- Let stand overnight for oils to blend better, then apply 2-3 times a day on stretch marks.
Stretch Mark Buster and Anti-aging Blend
- 3 drops geranium EO
- 3 drops helichrysum EO
- 2 drops lavender EO
- Add 2 drops sandalwood EO
- Another 2 drops frankincense EO
- Lastly, add 2 tablespoons avocado, rosehip or jojoba carrier oil
- Mix together all of the essential oils in a dry, dark-colored dropper bottle.
- Add in your chosen carrier oil in portions, shaking gently after each addition.
- Store in a cool, dark place.
- To use, shake the container first before taking a few drops to massage onto stretch marks. You can also use this for wrinkles and age spots!
Cautions, Usage, and warnings
The potency of essential oils should not be underestimated. It should be used with great caution. Pure essential oils are highly potent and concentrated hence, should not be applied indiscriminately to the skin.
Take care to dilute essential oils when appropriate, so they should be diluted with carrier oils such as olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil or castor oil, sweet almond, Grapeseed Oil, and Avocado Oil.
The Best Carrier oil that I recommend is jojoba oil because it is healing and moisturizing for all skin types.
Before direct application on the skin. you can do a skin patch test to check its effects on your skin. Rub your diluted oil onto the inside of your forearm. If you don’t experience any irritation or discomfort within 24 hours, the oil should be safe for you to use
To blend your essential oils into a synergy, You only need to use a few drops of essential oil. The dosage varies, but the standard practice is to take 4 drops of any carrier oil such as jojoba, sweet almond, grapeseed, avocado, or any oil you’d like (preferably one without a strong scent) and add 1 drop of your essential oil blend to it.
You can mix different essential oils together as long as you keep to these proportions.
You can make a large batch of the oil, or you can mix up a small batch as needed. When making a large batch, use significantly more oil than with on-demand batches.
For example, a 16-ounce bottle of carrier oils would need at least 50 drops of essential oil, either alone or as part of a blend, for therapeutic effect.
I recommended that you start by making small blends for testing. These blends should consist of only 10-15 drops of essential oil total.
Starting out with a small blend is a good idea because it allows you to test your blend before committing yourself to a large batch. That way, if you hate the blend, you can use it in some other way (like a scent for a homemade cleaner)without it being too much of a financial loss.
Be sure to only use the purest grade of carrier oils since they have therapeutic properties of their own and enhance the action of the essential oils.
Consider adding other elements, such as vitamin E oil or glycerin, for extra moisturizing.
Talk to your doctor or certified aromatherapist before use if you:
- are pregnant
- are nursing
- have an existing medical condition
- wish to use essential oils on children or older adults
Potential side effects of using essential oils include:
- skin irritation
- skin inflammation
- sun sensitivity
- allergic reaction
Where To Buy Essential Oils
As previously discussed, it is important to choose 100% pure essential oils, free of adulterants and additives. It is also advisable to opt for certified organic essential oils.
For quality, affordability, and service, we consistently recommend Plant Therapy Essential Oils. They have a huge range of essential oils, all oils are 100% pure and free of additives or adulterants, they offer free shipping and free returns for up to 90 days after purchase.
Hopefully, you’ve found this post helpful. If you have any questions, comments or recommendations of your own concerning essential oil blends, recipes for skin tightening and stretch marks,
please let us know in the comment section below!