When talking about weight loss and living healthy, fruit infused water recipes is one very interesting area. Not just because of its simplicity but also because of its many benefits.
Studies have shown that drinking water naturally boosts your metabolism among other water health benefits. Drinking fruit infused water for weight loss can be an easy way to increase your water intake.
In fact, lоtѕ оf реорlе have discovered that drіnkіng fruit infused water for weight loss іѕ аmоng thе best wеіght lоѕѕ ѕоlutіоnѕ. Indееd, уоu can gаіn lots оf benefits frоm drіnkіng infused water.
Duе to thе fасt thаt it is low in саlоrіеѕ and does not соntаіn аnу аrtіfісіаl іngrеdіеnt, уоu саn асtuаllу drіnk as muсh of it аѕ уоu wаnt.
Thеrе аrе асtuаllу some recipes thаt hаvе mеtаbоlіѕm bооѕtіng іngrеdіеntѕ thаt wіll help іn ассеlеrаtіng wеіght lоѕѕ.
A diet consisting of little to no processed foods as well as increasing the intake of water has worked for many. Water naturally flushes the body’s system of fats and toxins for a healthier body.
What Is Fruit Infused Water Recipes?
It also commonly referred to as detox water, fruit flavored water, or fruit infused water; infused water can generally be any combination of fruits, vegetables, and herbs immersed in cold water.
Infused water is adding different kinds of fruit, vegetables, and herbs to cold water and letting it sit to pull the antioxidants and compounds.
They help burn fat but also boosts the immune system, improves overall mood, cuts the appetite by feeling fuller for longer, makes organs healthier and keeps you hydrated.
Hоw dоеѕ Dеtоx Wаtеr wоrk?
Thаt аll dереndѕ оn what you рut іn уоur detox water. A vеrу common recipe іѕ Lеmоn Cuсumbеr wіth a Mіnt twіѕt. Sоundѕ dеlісіоuѕ? It іѕ! But іt’ѕ аlѕо grеаt fоr your bоdу.
Lеmоn helps tо bооѕt уоur іmmunе system and rіdѕ уоur bоdу of harmful tоxіnѕ.
Thе cucumber іѕ a great аntі-іnflаmmаtоrу аnd it’s аlѕо amazing for ѕtауіng hydrated. Thе mіnt…? Wеll, mоѕtlу іt’ѕ thеrе to hеlр ѕwееtеn уоur dеtоx wаtеr, but іt аlѕо hеlрѕ your bоdу with digestion.
While infused water has the benefit of being full of flavor, it also has no calories, making it a very powerful tool in your efforts to lose weight and gain better health.
Fruit infused water is great to bring along with you and sip all day as a delicious hydrating treat.
What Are The Benefits of Fruit Infused Water Recipes?
Besides tasting great and having zero calories, a water detox has many additional health benefits, including:
- Lightens the mood.
- Removes toxins from the system.
- Makes you eat fewer junks.
- Naturally, helps your body release fat cells for water weight loss.
- Keeps food moving through your system.
- Keeps your organs healthy while you’re sweating.
- Reduces muscle fatigue while working out.
- Helps you recuperate faster from a workout.
- Keeps you from feeling groggy in the afternoon.
Water and weight loss cannot be separated. Drinking fruit infused water recipes to lose weight and be healthier is one of the easiest habits you can develop, especially when you can make several kinds of infused water recipes to choose from.
Infusing different fruits, vegetables, and herbs work for a more specific purpose. Let’s have a look at some of the infused water recipes and what they are good for.
How to Make Infused Water Recipes for Weight Loss
1. Apple Cinnamon Detox Water
This drink can help you lose weight and give you energy at the same time. The sweetness of apple and cinnamon is also an added bonus that will make you love this drink even more.
It has zero calories and it can help boost your metabolism and get rid of the harmful toxins.
- 1 sliced apple
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ gal water
- Add the apple and cinnamon stick into a pitcher of water.
- Chill for an hour before serving.
- Add ice cubes when needed. Serve and enjoy!
2. Pineapple, Orange & Ginger Detox Water
- 1 piece of (thumb-sized) ginger, cut into pieces
- 4 slices of orange
- 6 pieces of fresh pineapple chunks
- Cut the pineapple into pieces.
- Layer ginger, orange, and pineapple into a container bottle.
- Add water to the container bottle.
- Chill for no less than 1 hour.
- Chill overnight if you would like a stronger infusion.
3. Raspberry Orange Detox Water
This detox water recipe combines two of my favorite infused water recipes; raspberries, and oranges! Oranges are not only delicious, but they also provide a tremendous boost of vitamin C, which is an important antioxidant that helps fight inflammation, premature aging, and even helps fight the common cold.
- 6 Cups water
- 1 thinly sliced orange
- 1-pint raspberries (lightly crushed)
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher and put in the fridge for 2-24 hours to allow the water to infuse.
- You can also squeeze the juice of one mandarin orange and muddle the blueberries to intensify flavor a bit.
4. Strawberry and Kiwi Slimming Detox Water
- 6 sliced strawberries
- 2 sliced kiwis
- ½ gal cold water
- Place all the ingredients in a pitcher.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.
5. Lemon Lime Infused Water Drink
Put down the fat storing, calories and chemical-packed lemon-lime soda and pick up this fat burning, all natural homemade detox drink.
We love that this fruit infused water drink can be made at home and even while you’re eating at a restaurant!
Next time you place your drink order ask for water and a small plate of lemon and lime wedges. Pair that with a healthy salad and you can call the meal a “win”.
Lemons and limes are packed full of fat burning, metabolism boosting skin clearing and firming vitamin C. Paired with water (also a metabolism booster and known to clear up skin) you’ll look and feel amazing in no time, so drink up.
Lemon Lime Detox Water Ingredients:
- 1 lemon
- 3 limes
- Mix the three ingredients together.
- Place the ingredients into a container bottle.
- Add water to the container bottle.
Refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Pineapple, Strawberries, Apple Cider Vinegar and Basil Detox Water
- 5 sliced strawberries
- ½ cup pineapple
- 1-2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4-5 basil leaves
- ½ gal of water
- Prepare the ingredients and place all of them in a container.
- Gently smash the fruits to get more flavor.
- Let the ingredients sit for 20 minutes before serving.
7. Blackberry Mint Detox Water
- Handful of blackberries
- A generous amount of mint
- Mash about a handful of blackberries releasing their juices into a pitcher.
- Rub the mint in your hands to release the oils and placed them in the same pitcher
- Just add water and let infuse for at least 2 hours.
For full flavor, infuse overnight.
8. Grapefruit & Rosemary Detox Water
- 1 small grapefruit peeled (to avoid bitterness) and sliced into rounds.
- 2 sprigs of rosemary rinsed well and patted dry.
- 1 pitcher that holds 24-32 ounces of water.
- Purified water.
- Place grapefruit into the pitcher and fill with purified water.
- Place in the fridge and allow grapefruit to infuse for at least 1 hour.
- Add the rosemary at the 45-minute mark.
- Serve in your favorite glasses and enjoy!
9. Cantaloupe, Honey, and Mint Agua Fresca
- ½ c water
- ½ c honey
- 4 c (about 2 lbs) cantaloupe cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ c fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint leaves
- ¼ Tsp salt
- sparkling water or club soda
- mint sprigs for garnish
- Combine the honey and water in a small saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until water and honey are combined and just beginning to boil for about 2-4 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Combine honey syrup, cantaloupe, lime juice, mint leaves, and salt in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Using a fine-meshed sieve or a piece of cheesecloth, strain the cantaloupe mixture into another container. Discard solids. You should end up with about 2 cups of liquid.
- In each glass, pour ½ c of the cantaloupe juice over ice. Fill the rest of the glass with sparkling water or club soda and stir to mix.
Alternately, you can mix equal parts cantaloupe juice and sparkling water in a pitcher with ice and pour into glasses as needed. Garnish with a mint sprig and enjoy!
10. Detox Lime Cucumber Mint Detox Water
Lime cucumber mint the perfect recipe for cooling down on a hot day. The slightly bitter taste of the cucumbers is perfectly balanced with the tangy sweetness of the lime.
The mint provides an almost candy-like aroma giving this infused water recipes a wonderful flavor.
It’s perfect for a summer BBQ or bridal shower. Try serving it in a wine glass with a few frozen cucumber slices, and your guests will think you are once chic host.
It also looks beautiful with lime slices lined up along the inside of an infused water dispenser or water pitcher, with the ice behind it.
Detox Lime Cucumber Mint Water Ingredients:
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 5-inch cucumber, sliced into rings
- 5 mint leaves
Add all the ingredients in a big mason jar or infused water dispenser and stir gently to combine.
- Place in the fridge and allow mint leaves to infuse for at least 2 hours.
Important Factors to Note:
- There’s no other more important detox rule than this one: hydration! Whether you’re trying to lose a few pounds or you just want to flush the toxins out of your body,
hydration is the key to making this successful.
- Start every morning by drinking two large glasses of pure water to kick-start your metabolism and help your body perform at its best.
- The ingredients are only added for taste and nutrients, you can eat them after you consume the infused water.
How Long does Fruit Infused water recipes Last?
The best way to create fruit infused water recipes is to allow your infused water to stay for 1 to 2 hours at normal room temperature or in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours to achieve potent flavor and better watercolor.
Alternatively, if you like your water be fruity and tangy? You can infuse 10 to 12 hour or overnight.
How Long can You keep Fruit Infused Water Recipes?
Drink the infused water the same day or the next day is better. But you can drink the one you refrigerated within 2-3 days of infusing.