Home remedies to get rid of wrinkles – As we age, our skin loses elasticity and its ability to restore itself, and our bodies produce less of the collagen that keeps skin looking firm, youthful, and vibrant.
The inner layer of the skin starts to become thin and decreases the skin ability to repair is also one of the causes of wrinkles. But wrinkles are also caused by sun exposure, smoking, stress, and poor diet, among other factors.
Creases as they are more uncommonly called do not look good on anything (talk about the clothes we wear or our bodies and faces most especially). Wrinkles give even the best of us nightmares.
Because we probably don’t even want to hear of it let alone see it on our faces. Growing older is unavoidable; wrinkles are fortunately preventable.
Did you even know that you do not need to go for costly cosmetic surgeries to get rid of wrinkles from your face or any other part of the body it appears? Yeah, you read that right!
There are home remedies to get rid of wrinkles. There are truly plenty of natural ways to get smooth and young looking skin that are not as painful and far less expensive.
These lines can appear on the face, neck, hands or any other place due to your skin’s lost elasticity and moisture. And there are various reasons why we lose these things (elasticity and moisture).
You may either single out the cause for your wrinkles (which is something difficult to do) or change some of your dietary and lifestyle habits to prevent further wrinkles. Even better, you can get rid of those that are already present there on your skin.
How To Get Rid Of Wrinkles? Anti Aging
You’re about to learn how you can prevent and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines without spending tons of money on expensive creams. We’ve outlined nine safe, natural treatments that really work. Let’s take a look!
CAUSES OF WRINKLES
It is essential that we know some of the things that cause wrinkles. Now, besides the ones that come naturally, there are some that come as a result of some of the habits we have picked up. These, we can avoid.
This is the most common cause of eye wrinkling. As we age, it is simply normal to get wrinkles in different parts of the body- and as you would rightly guess- the under eye area is also included.
Smoking regularly causes your blood vessel to narrow in the outer layer of your skin, which lessens the blood flow and makes it virtually impossible for your skin to stay healthy.
Thus, in essence, you rob your facial skin of moisture and the nutrients that it needs.
Studies have shown that if you smoke 10 or more cigarettes per day, your skin is likely to be far more wrinkly and yellow than someone else your age. Part of this is due to the smoke, but it is also caused by the pursing of the lips as you inhale and exhale.
Some other causes include too much exposure to sunlight or harsh environments, using certain drugs, excessive stress, drastic weight loss, deficiency of certain vitamins and nutrients in the body, and genetic predisposition.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Wrinkles
1. Take Foods with Elements that Fight Wrinkles
And what are such elements of food? They are antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, trace minerals like selenium and copper, high-quality protein, plant compounds such as isoflavones, retinol- one of the forms of vitamin A, iron, vitamin E and C, mono-unsaturated fat, etc.
Here is a list of foods that belongs to the category of home remedies to get rid of wrinkles, from which you may get some or all of these substances:
- Dark colored fruits and vegetables; Nuts like almonds, walnuts; Legumes, beans, and lentils; Eggs; Liver; Oily fish like tuna, salmon, herring, and sardines; Flaxseed and sunflower seeds and oil; Brazil nuts.
- Whole grains like brown rice, whole wheat, and oats; Shellfish; Green and white tea; Soy foods (you should have them in moderation only); Fruits like papaya, avocado, pineapple, berries, watermelon; Vegetables like cucumber, tomatoes, ginger, garlic
Including the above-mentioned foods in your diet will help you get rid of wrinkles much faster. The whole point is to avoid junk foods and to adopt a healthy eating lifestyle.
Using your favorite gentle lotion, take a few minutes to give your face a massage with a firm but gentle touch.
Make sure you focus on the problem areas like your neck, under your eyes, and your forehead. You could decide to visit a reputable spa for a relaxing facial that concentrates on your problem areas.
3. Aloe Vera
The aloe vera plant contains malic acid that helps reduce wrinkles by improving the elasticity of your skin.
- Simply cut an aloe vera leaf from the plant and extract its gel.
- Apply the fresh gel onto your skin and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Mix one teaspoon of aloe vera gel with the contents of a vitamin E capsule.
- Apply the mixture to areas where wrinkles are forming. Leave it on for half an hour and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Ginger works as an example of excellent home remedies to get rid of wrinkles due to its high antioxidant content. Moreover, it helps inhibit the breakdown of elastin, one of the main causes of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Mix a pinch of grated ginger with a tablespoon of honey.
- Eat this mixture every morning. You can also drink ginger tea twice daily.
5. Lemon juice
Slice a lemon and massage the juice into fine lines and wrinkles on your face. The acidity of lemon helps skin look brighter while reducing the appearance of wrinkles. Breathe in deeply for the added aromatherapy bonus of fresh citrus to revive your senses.
6. Egg whites
Eggs have proven to be a major part of home remedies to get rid of wrinkles. All you have to do is whip up several egg whites in a small bowl. Massage into your skin, allowing to sit and dry at least 15 minutes.
Rinse off with warm water and let the natural B vitamins and rich Vitamin E work their rejuvenating magic.
7. Almond Oil
For this, you will need sweet almond oil.
- Simply apply a few drops of almond oil on the affected part.
- Massage for a few minutes and leave it on.
- Ensure that you do this before going to bed so that the oil works on your skin all night long without being wiped away.
Almond oil makes the skin smooth and also rejuvenates it. It can keep the skin moisturized and hydrated.
8. Petroleum Jelly
Lightly dampen your face and apply just a little amount of petroleum jelly. Massage it in so that the skin doesn’t feel too sticky. Do this before going to bed every night.
This amazing concoction made from petrolatum can keep the skin hydrated and prevents the formation of fine lines.
N.B Do not use this remedy if you have acne-prone skin as petroleum jelly may aggravate the acne.
9. Olive Oil
Olive oil contains antioxidants and vitamins A and E, which repair skin, regenerate skin cells, and protect skin against damage from pollutants. You can use it topically, as described below, and in your cooking to get maximum benefits.
- Massage extra virgin olive oil into the wrinkled skin.
- Allow it to absorb completely and leave on.
- Repeat regularly to treat wrinkles.
- Note: You can add a few drops of lemon juice.
- Mix equal parts of olive oil, raw honey, and glycerin.
- Massage into wrinkled skin gently for 5 minutes.
- Repeat 2 times daily.
- It removes dead skin cells and helps to tighten sagged skin.
Sometimes we can be so concerned about the latest anti-aging creams and lotions that we forget the importance of simply moisturizing. Moisturizing will make your skin more flexible, and your fine lines and creases will become far less noticeable.
It is one of the most effective home remedies to get rid of wrinkles.
Capitalizing on anti-aging’s most sought-after ingredient, Retinol Surge moisturizer addresses wrinkles, fine lines, and uneven skin tone, providing the kind of long-term results you’d expect from cosmetic surgery
Tips for Treating and Preventing Wrinkles:
- Avoid stress by doing yoga and meditation everyday morning.
- Get plenty of sleep because lack of sleep release hormone called cortisol that reduces the normal tissue maintenance.
- Drink plenty of water to keep skin hydrated and maintain the moisture level in the skin.
- Avoid alcohol and carbonated beverages which causes dehydration.
- Eat foods that contain omega-3 fatty acids, such as salmon, avocados, buckwheat, wheat germ, blueberries, Brazil nuts, eggs, soybeans, apples, broccoli, celery, asparagus, sweet potatoes, spinach, fish roe, and onions.
- Avoid smoking as smoking cause premature aging. The research found that smokers get 5 times more wrinkles than nonsmokers.
- Use organic skin care products.
- Avoid spicy, fried, salty, and sugary foods.
- Don’t wash your face too often, as over-washing can strip essential oils from the skin.
- Eat cocoa or dark chocolate to protect skin from damaging UV rays, increase skin cell regeneration, and keep skin hydrated.
- Use sunblock with an SPF of 30 when going outside.
- Use moisturizers that contain collagen, keratin, vitamin E, or soy isoflavones before going outside.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Get regular exercise.
Our favorite supplier of essential oils is Plant Therapy. They offer 100% pure oils, free of additives and adulterants. They offer free shipping and free returns for up to 90 days.
You can browse their extensive collection of essential oils, including all of the oils mentioned in this article, on their Official Page on Amazon.